Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited is a Public Limited Company established in Rajasthan as a joint venture of Government of Rajasthan; Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), Pune; University of Rajasthan; Jaipur, Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur; Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, Kota; Rajcomp Info Services Ltd. and Centre for e-governance.
The main objective of company is to develop a new educational framework which can plan, implement, supervise and regulate the developing needs for IT skills in the 21st century in the State of Rajasthan by promoting the IT enabled education programs as practiced in the Departments of School, Higher, Technical and Medical Education, Government of Rajasthan and to take all such action as may be deemed to be necessary to provide high quality education including better connectivity, computer skills and co-ordination amongst all educational institutions, universities, students and the Government, as well as to obtain sponsorships, institutional backups and financial support for the present and future programs and responsibilities accepted on behalf of the State Government.
- Network of 4000+ ITGK in the state well equipped with more than 2000 computers with state-of-the-art hardware, software and internet connectivity.
- Huge capacity building and enrichment of infrastructural, financial, human and intellectual resources for the state for providing learning, governance and empowerment services to people.
- Network Coverage in all metropolitan, urban, semi-urban, rural, and tribal areas of the state.
- Network Coverage in all districts and 280 + tehsils of the state.
- Network Coverage in all districts and 245 + tehsils of the state
Services to the People
- 50 lac+ youth in the state were given state-of-the-art IT Literacy Training through RKCL’s RS-CIT course in last 10 years at affordable cost.
- 1,34,000 e-Sakhis trained on basic e-Governance services of Govt. of Rajasthan.
- 35,000+ students of Govt. schools were trained for basic Computer Skills under CLICK Scheme in collaboration with Secondary Education department of Govt. of Rajasthan.
- 2.5 lac+ Government employees were given state-of-the-art IT Literacy through RKCL's RS-CIT course.
- 10,000+ Police Constables were given state-of-the-art IT Literacy through RKCL's RS-CIT course.
- 30,000+ Youth in the state were given training in course like Desktop Publishing, Personal Finance Management, Tally and English Language.
- 50,000+ youth have been given Online Government Recruitment Services across the state.
- 1, 95,000+ Teachers and Non-Teaching staff of Secondary and Senior Secondary Schools was given state of the art IT Literacy through RKCLs RS-C IT course.
Reaching the Unreached
- 2 lac+ women in the state were given digital literacy training through RKCL's RS-CIT & Digital Saheli course under the free computer training program announced by Hon'ble Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
- 10,000+ Student of Tribal Area Hostels were given IT Literacy training through RKCL's RS-CIT course
- 10,000+ Below Poverty Line students were given IT Literacy training through RKCL's RS-CIT course under SJSRY scheme of Government of Rajasthan.
- 15,000+ Unemployed Youth were given IT Literacy training through RKCL's RS-CIT course under Akshat Kaushal scheme of Government of Rajasthan.
- 2,500+ Girls of Kasturba Gandhi and Sharde Hostels were given IT Literacy training through RKCL's RS-CIT course under the free computer education scheme of School Education Department, Government of Rajasthan.
- 25000+ youth in the state got direct employment and self-employment opportunities in this network with decent and stable income at their own native places.
- 15,000+ youth in the state got indirect job opportunities in this network at their own native places.
Financial Benefits to Government
- 19.46 million to 712 million in 9 years i.e. from 2008-09 to 2017-18 thereby giving a confidence to state established enterprises.
- 59.66 lacs to towards purchase of Android biometric based tablets for rural based merchants (to act as mobile POS systems) as a part of CSR activity during FY 2017-18.